Wednesday 13 March 2013

8 photographs that inspired me to pick up the camera and how I took them

Iphones and Lumia 920 with their amazing cameras have got everyone try their hand in photography, and after some lucky shots they call themselves PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!. And we all know they are not, but after cursing them we take out our own camera and start clicking. I am like that, I think I stand somewhere as a good amateur photographer, and I can be an awesome artist if I practice harder and harder. Here are those photographs that led me into believing that I do have a potential. My photography style mainly consists of symbolism, with expressions and sometimes satire. Landscape photography, where I show some unseen places with different angles are also my subject. But right now I am trying to develop a technique for Vintage photography, because there are not many vintage photographers out there, I hope this technique will make me Unique, but that is when I develop the technique, so critique me as harsh as you can and do make me feel good.

1. First attempt at Satirical Metaphors

I just got the idea and set out with a white table, a wireless mouse, extra melted cheese and a torch. about 15 shots with different angles and torch effects helped me attain this. I wanted to give it a police search type effect so I put the torch just above the crime location, as if the mouse is stealing cheese.

Busted

2. First DOF play with darkness in background.

Diwali, the luminescence festival of India, comes once in a year, and what's better than taking out your camera and capture 'once in a year' moments? I experimented a lot and, I found that if focused at the nearest light source(very close) and a second light source a little away, with lowest ISO you can just eliminate anything in background. Actually there were a whole bunch of cracker addicted kids jumping in the background and I eliminated them, by chance.

Coherent?

3. First attempt at Symbolism.

So, one day My Uncle gave me a piece of paper and a pencil. And asked me to draw 'Relationships'. Okay So, he is very much involved in arts and stuffs and probably wanted me to be too. So I took out my camera, unchained this locket, and took a very simple and unintelligent photo. But this was appreciated by my Uncle, because he thinks that it represents how broken bonds are actually linked at the other side. Unusual philosophy, I didn't understand, but this surely motivated me to add symbolism to my catalog.
Apparent Broken Bonds

4. Application of Refractive Index

I finally got an opportunity to apply Ray optics in real life. So this thing is basically a RO water purifier, like like this thing over here. I found bubbles at the bottom and then some torch based play to get a sparkling angle, and got this. Although I admit, the background is a little dull.
aerosol .

5. Landscape photography

I actually don't appreciate Landscape Photography, because I believe, capturing what is already beautiful, is not a form of art. But there are some exceptions, many photographers Inspired me to take landscape shots a different way. This is the peak of Tiger Hill-Darjeeling, but I was looking for a spot where no tourists came, and I got this photo. I'll try Landscape sometime again.
Rest in Peace

6. Motion Photography and Editing

Take off
This picture is the result of about 6 shots, and I was glad to see the result. I was about 13 years old when I took this photo so, this was an achievement for me at that time, but the real gold came out when I edited this photo, although i don't like editing too much but here I lowered down saturation and some contrast too. I actually prefer the edited version. Also, this was a VGA Camera.
Take off b/w

7. Low ISO for B&W

I actually never knew that Low ISO for b/w photography is good, but I was really happy when I discovered that. Although I now know that it is a very common knowledge, but discovering it by myself, was an awesome idea. Combined with symbolism, this photo conveyed the idea of generation gap metaphorically, this photo shows two animals of same species, one who has got all the energy and other who has lost it all and is watching. I love grains, and noise.
Your time is up, my time is now.

8. WTF photography

Future?
I was not really sure what to submit as my entry in school photography competition, I asked my friend about many photos, so finally I lost all hope and submitted this photo with the caption 'Future'. Guess what, I was the runner-up. People can be fooled so easily.

I really hope one day I would become a professional photographer. You can tell me how awful I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment